Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Burn Burn Burn

Let’s be serious here for a bit.  I could care less about the Qur’an burning; I think the whole thing on both sides of the issue are ridiculous.  I’m a Christian and my view is that you could burn a million Bibles but it would not change my love for Jesus.  Now I’ll step off my soap box and start making fun of this circus.
Can someone please just give Terry Jones his own reality show so it can fail and we can stop hearing about him?  Just as balloon boy, you remember the family who claimed their six year old boy was inside a balloon flying across the Colorado sky and everyone was watching.  Then it turned out the kid was hiding in the attic the whole time and the stunt was an attempt to get the family its own reality show.  Terry Jones is trying the same thing only with a box of matches and a Qur’an.  Don’t believe me just look at the mustache.  The guy looks like either a smaller version of Senior from American Choppers or Hulk Hogan both with their own reality show.  I’m sure if we looked you could find the cast of characters waiting for the cameras to show up and start rolling.  I just wonder if the youth pastor looks like Mikey or Junior.  Maybe if Terry Jones started wrestling or building choppers in the back of the church he would have his own reality show by now.
Now the other side of the equation is the, Hmmm, funny I’m not sure what the latest “PC” term is to describe them.  I’m talking about the people who poured out in the streets in protest of the Qur’an burning.  Are they just concerned Islamic citizens, Islamic extremist or just nut-jobs?  I think nut-jobs.  The nut-jobs who heard of the burning started rioting and destroying their homeland.  I never have understood the logic in I’m mad at you but I’m going to destroy my neighborhood.  Just because Mr. Rogers got a bit upset he didn’t tear up the neighborhood.
It’s not like the people in the Middle East haven’t burned any American flags or pictures of the president.  I still contend it’s all the sand in the Middle East that has all of them upset.  When I go to the beach I always get sand in places that don’t need sand in them and this irritates me.  I can only imagine that I would walk around always irritated by the sand.  Maybe a few more outdoor showers like the ones at the beach and they would stop burning everything.
Now the nut-job Terry Jones has every right to burn the Qur’an just as they have every right to build a Mosque at Ground Zero but neither is right in my opinion.  If someone wanted to burn a million Bibles the only thing I ask is that I can sell them the Bibles.  I could make a fortune and do some good with it.  I wonder who sold Terry Jones the Qur’an that he burned.  Once again you can do anything you want to a Bible it’s only a book and my love for God is in my heart.  Truthfully the only one who should be upset about the burning is Al Gore but, then again if we burned all the Qur’ans and Bibles we would be left searching for them on the internet that Gore invented.  I guess Al is in a win win situation. 
If people on both sides insist on burning books then I can think of a lot more books to burn other than the Bible and the Qur’an.  Here is my top ten list of books that would help society if they were burned.
The Joy of Plastic Surgery
 by Nancy Pelosi

Blame Bush
by Barack Obama

100 Things to do with a Cigar
by Bill Clinton


Winning
by Charlie Sheen

Always Know the Right Thing to say
 by Joe Biden

Muscle Building
 by Anthony Weiner


Getting the Facts Right
 by Rachel Maddow

How to babble incoherently using big words
 by Keith Olberman

Cowboy Poetry
by Harry Reid

The Tax Code
 by Timothy Geitner



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the laugh! I am thinking of picking up a couple of the books you mentioned....lol

    ReplyDelete