Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pop Goes Pelosi

First I want to say Thank You; I have gotten many encouraging words from some of you.  The other day just like Chris Matthews I felt a tingle up my leg as my phone alerted me to a comment on my blog.  Whoo Hoo a comment!

Wanna be my Prom date?

I was going to let the whole SOTU thing go but I’m still having some laughs over it.  It was great to see date night finally happen but I thought they should have gone all the way and dressed as if they were going to a high school prom.  I would love to see Harry Reid in a powder blue tux with ruffles.  Then we could have had Joan and Melissa Rivers outside talking about what everyone is wearing.  I’m debating if I want to know who would have gotten a good night kiss.

Just do it!

I do have to admit that I missed playing Pop goes Pelosi that night but I found a new game in watching Boehner getting more and more grumpy as the speech wore on.  At first Boehner sat there and almost cried again as Obama talked about him, I’m sure the Democrats had some money on it.  Then I was wondering why he was clapping but his claps soon lost its enthusiasm.  Boehner then got the look like he wanted to yell at Obama just like I was at home.  Speaking of this where was Joe Wilson?  If we ever needed a good “YOU LIE” it was with this speech.
I couldn’t help but to think of the irony as Obama challenged America on its Sputnik moment.  Really?  Is this the same guy who just gave NASA its pink slip?  Maybe he should have picked something more up to date than Sputnik.  It was 1957 when Sputnik was launched and I don’t even think my parents had met yet.  Maybe he should have gone with our Rubik's Cube, our Macarena, our Snuggie moment or my favorite our Chia-Obama Moment.
Let’s face it the speech was way too long.  I went from being angry like Anthony Weiner talking to Megan Kelly, to sad like all the lonely unelected Democrats sitting at home to just slap happy like Nancy Pelosi at the plastic surgeons office.  As the speech wore on and on and John McCain slumped farther and farther into his chair, I think at one point he morphed into the chair.  I found myself hoping that Bill Clinton would come out and tap Obama on the shoulder and say “I got this again.”  Never thought I would find myself wanting Clinton, now I know how Monica Lewinsky felt.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad for your recap on the SOTU address, because as much as I like to stay politically connected I have come to a point where I would rather gnaw off my own leg than listen to that man speak. Thanks again Rog, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete