Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Keyboard Caper


First off, let me apologize for my absence.  I know it has been awhile since my last post but my two year old decided to stimulate the economy.  Funny I think he has done more for the economy then the President and the more I think about, we could look to the children to teach us a few lessons about the economy.
I received a phone call from a friend and I got up and walked away from my laptop.  At that point my two year old, who probably felt slighted that dad just walked away from him, decided to play with the keys on the laptop and soon discovered how easily it was to pop them off with those tiny little fingers.  I could only imagine him sitting there giggling each time the button flew off and up in the air.  Usually I have been able to put the keys back on but not this time, damage had been done.  He had taken off many letters including the D key.
The removal of the D key reminds me of my favorite analogy that the President also seems to like to use.  Obama often talks about how the economy was driven into the ditch and they got it out.  I always chuckle at this analogy because just like the torn off D key you drive a car into a ditch using D but to get the car out of the ditch you use R.   I wonder if Obama thought about this when one of his limos got stuck in Ireland.
So off to my local computer shop with my laptop to see if they could fix all the missing buttons or was it time for a new laptop?  Either way I was going to start pumping a lot of money into the economy.  Not only was I getting my laptop repaired but plans were being made for the laptop destroyer’s birthday.
After dropping off my laptop for repair, I headed out to find a birthday gift.  Thomas the Train is his favorite, so I went to look for a Thomas toy.  Standing there staring at the outrageous prices of the Thomas the Train toys I could not help but wonder why we need to fund PBS.  Every time congress tries to defund PBS they drag out the Sesame Street characters to play on our heart strings.  How could you possibly defund these poor innocent Muppets that your children love?  My answer is now easy and I would parade out the Tickle me Elmo and his price tag!  Remember the Tickle me Elmo craze?  Disney World has nothing on Sesame Street, just take a moment in the toy aisle and compare prices between Disney and PBS.  At least Disney is open and honest about wanting your money.
For his birthday among other gifts we got him a sandbox and a crane style digger.  He quickly jumped up on the seat and began digging in the sand I found myself once again repeating my parents.  “Careful or you’ll dig your way down to China.” I said.  Wow how fitting just like digging in the sandbox our Government is digging the debt hole so deep that we are going to find ourselves in China.
I next ran to the grocery store and ordered a Thomas the Train cake, once again contributing to PBS, then over to the ice cream aisle.  As I stood there looking over all the choices in ice cream, I saw double chocolate and wondered if it was possible to get a double dip of double chocolate.  This then brought me to the thought that a double dip of double chocolate ice cream is great but a double dip recession isn’t great.
I arrived home to the message that it would only cost me close to $200.00 to replace my keyboard.  I also ordered a keyboard protector, that may not stop those little hands from popping keys, but it should slow them down.  Between the keyboard repair, the slower work and giving all our money to PBS toys we have enacted our own stimulus program.  Funny how children can teach you about the economy and yet Obama still can’t figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment